Tepezza Lawsuit Payouts, Settlements, Compensations
Tepezza Lawsuit Settlements & Payouts (2024)
Hearing loss lawsuits related to Tepezza may end with settlements from the drug maker.
Settlements might range from $75,000 to over $200,000, based on each case's specifics.
However, it’s extremely important to note that Tepezza payout projections are not guaranteed. No one can know how much a victim might receive in compensation until the case is closed. And countless factors can affect the ultimate settlement amount.
Factors That May Affect Tepezza Payouts
Some examples of factors affecting settlement amounts include:
Strength of the claim
Do you have a generally strong case against the drug maker showing that you suffered hearing-related problems and were inadequately warned about that risk?
Do you have a lot of evidence to back up your claim?
Severity of injuries
How severe is your hearing loss or related problem?
What kinds of financial and emotional harms have you experienced as a result of the drug maker’s inadequate warnings about the risks of Tepezza?
How much have you paid so far to have your Tepezza-related health problems treated? And how much are you expected to have to pay in the future?
What details specific to your case and life make your case more or less severe than others?
Again, these estimations don't guarantee compensation but are based on past settlements in similar cases.
Potential Damages in Tepezza Lawsuit Payouts
Tepezza may cause hearing loss. And that is bad enough on its own. But it can lead to many other problems — all of which you may be able to be compensated for.
Here are some damages that may warrant compensation in your Tepezza claim:
- Medical expenses. Costs related to medical treatment, including hospital bills, surgeries, medication, therapy, and hearing rehabilitation.
- Lost income. Compensation for wages lost due to your inability to hear, including past and future earnings if the hearing loss affects your ability to work.
- Pain and suffering. Compensation for physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish caused by your hearing loss.
- Disability or disfigurement. Additional compensation for permanent injuries resulting in disability.
- Loss of consortium. Damages for the impact of the hearing loss on your relationship with your spouse, including loss of companionship and intimacy.
Punitive damages. In cases of extreme negligence or intentional misconduct by the defendant (likely the drug manufacturer in this case), punitive damages may be awarded to punish the defendant and deter similar behavior in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
As the Tepezza lawsuits are still ongoing, it's challenging to provide an average settlement amount at this point. However, given the seriousness of the allegations and the life-changing impact of hearing loss, it's anticipated that the settlements could be substantial.